Pre-Prep caters for children in the year before they begin school and allows them to develop individually in an atmosphere of care and acceptance.
Pre-Prep provides a learning environment which encourages each child to:
- Take an active role
- Successfully interact with peers and adults
- Use all of one's senses to explore and learn
- Use self-expression and effective communication through language, dramatic play and the arts
- Develop positive attitudes towards oneself and others
- Develop competence
- Develop confidence in oneself
Our Pre-Prep is a vibrant and exciting place to begin schooling at Kinross Wolaroi School and provides a smooth progression to our Kindergarten classes.
Our curriculum is based on the NSW Board of Studies syllabus. This framework forms the foundation for ensuring that your child is exposed to all early childhood education settings where they will experience quality teaching and learning.
Central to our curriculum is our belief in the value of play. We recognise play as being the most
valuable context in which children learn cognitively, socially and emotionally. Positive play experiences during the pre-school years can lay strong foundations for the years ahead.
Our programmed activities support the value of play as well as providing important school readiness skills.