Kinross Wolaroi School has been providing high quality education for more than 130 years. The school’s history began with the opening of a small boys' school, Weymouth House, in 1886.
An immediate success, the school leased the Wolaroi Mansion in 1893 and changed its name to Wolaroi Grammar School. In 1925 the Methodist Church took over and changed the name to Wolaroi College. The College continued to educate boys until 1973 when girls were enrolled.
On the other side of town, the Presbyterian Ladies College opened in 1928. In 1973 PLC also became co-educational and changed its name to Kinross School.
In 1975 the schools amalgamated to become Kinross Wolaroi School and two years later became part of the Uniting Church. Today, KWS is firmly committed to co-education with separate boarding sites utilising the two campuses.