With a history spanning over 130 years, Kinross Wolaroi School boasts a blend of breathtaking heritage listed buildings and modern facilities.
We are a well-equipped school providing well-resourced classrooms and studios. These are supported by a wide range of infrastructure for the diverse academic and co-curricular programs offered.
Facilities and infrastructure supporting the academic program include:
- A wireless campus.
- All classrooms equipped with interactive touch screen displays.
- Superbly resourced areas catering for practical activities including Visual Arts, Textiles, Food Technology and Hospitality kitchen, Industrial Technology workshops and computer laboratories.
- A Music Centre which includes a Performance Theatre, dedicated Music rooms and individual tutorial rooms.
- A School Library featuring private study areas and an extensive range of books and learning resources.
- Eight dedicated spaces for academic and wellbeing support. A student will remain in their Wellbeing House throughout Senior School. It is here that they have their locker.
- Student support including qualified psychologists and access to 24-hour medical support via the School’s Health Centre.
Facilities supporting the diverse co-curricular program include:
- A heated eight-lane, 25m indoor swimming pool.
- The Derek Pigot Auditorium which can cater for more than 1200 guests and is utilised for assemblies, music and drama performances, examinations, formal occasions, dinners and other functions.
- Eight playing fields for sporting activities including three rugby fields, two football fields, two hockey fields, a full athletic track, 10 turf cricket practice nets and three cricket wickets.
- A dedicated Agriculture teaching space including stock yards, vegetable gardens and orchard.
- Rowing shed and pontoon situated at Spring Creek Reservoir with a 5km rowing track.
- A fully-equipped, 2700 square meter Recreation Centre including a purpose-built gymnastics area, two weights and fitness rooms, squash courts, three full sized indoor courts for tennis, netball, basketball and volleyball and five indoor cricket practice nets.
- Several working mixed farms - the closest being 10 minutes’ drive from School.
Facilities supporting Boarding:
- Extensive boarding accommodation for 355 students across eight boarding houses, with separate sites for boys and girls from Year 7. The same number of girls board as boys.
- A Recreation Centre for the girl boarders including cardio-studio and cross training gym together with a multi-functional space that has been designed to be flexible enough to accommodate activities from table tennis to drama performances.
- The boys board on the Wolaroi campus and access the co-curricular facilities.
- Dining rooms on both campuses.
- Extensive highly maintained grounds.
- Access to 24 hour medical support.
Traffic Safety on Campus